This page describes how AKTIO Corporation will handle personal data.
- Compliance with laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal data In the interest of compliance in the area of personal data protection, the Company will observe relevant laws and regulations and other rules for the protection of personal data in good faith.
- Acquisition and use of personal data The Company will establish internal rules regarding the protection of personal data pursuant to which the Company will obtain and use personal data in an appropriate and reasonable way. Personal data provided by you will be handled only to the extent necessary to achieve the notified or announced purposes of use.
- Ensuring and establishing the accuracy and security of your personal data The Company will keep your personal data accurate and updated, manage it in a secured way, and implement and continuously improve necessary and reasonable information security measures to prevent its loss, unauthorized alteration, leakage, and the like.
- Provision of your personal data to third parties The Company will not provide your personal data to third parties without your prior consent except as otherwise provided for by laws and regulations.
- Disclosure, correction, and deletion of your personal data. The Company will respond to requests and inquiries about the disclosure, correction, and deletion of your personal data in an appropriate and reasonable way.
- The establishment and continuous improvement of a management framework for protecting personal data In order to ensure that all its employees are aware how important it is to protect personal data and that personal data will be protected in an appropriate and reasonable way, the Company will establish and continuously improve a management framework for protecting personal data.
President and COO
Purposes of use of your personal data
The scope of use of your personal data
The Company will use your personal data registered in writing or online by you or obtained over the telephone or the like from you within the following scope.
- The provision of rental products and associated services
- The selling and buying of merchandise
- Repair services
- Services provided on the Company's website
The purposes of use of your personal data
The Company will use your personal data for the following purposes.
- To provide you with rental and repair services.
- To hand over rented cars to you.
- To conduct merchandise selling or buying transactions with you.
- For the services provided online.
- To verify your identity.
- To comply with the obligatory conditions attached to our business license.
- To provide information about the Company's services, merchandise, and the like related to its transactions with you.
- For use in conjunction with information necessary for the Company's business management, such as market research, analysis, credit control, and auditing.
- To respond to inquiries and requests for informational documents and the like.
- The sharing of your personal data The Company will share its "retained personal data" with its group companies. The Company will also share its "retained personal data" with Universal Co., Ltd. to the extent necessary to provide insurance services incidental and related to the Company's business conduct.
Use of the website
String information or a mechanism for user management and identification that is normally used in Internet web access.
Procedures for accepting "disclosure requests"
Pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Company will respond to requests regarding the notification of the purposes for which its "retained personal data" will be used, and the disclosure, correction, and use suspension of such data, as follows.
- The scope of data that may be covered by such requests Such requests may be made only for the data subject's address and name and other personally identifiable data which is included in retained personal data defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and was collected and is retained by the Company.
Where to send a request for disclosure or the like
A request should be sent by mail in an envelope, with the Company-designated request form and the fee for the requested data (if the request is for the notification of the purposes of use or the disclosure of the data) in it. On the cover address of the envelope, please write "data disclosure request enclosed" in red.
Personal Data Protection Representative, General Affairs Department, AKTIO Corporation Asahi Building 7F, 3-12-2, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0027
* The fee includes postage for simple registered mail or the like and a reply processing fee. (Please enclose 500-yen worth of postage stamps.)
* Postage for mailing to the Company and the like should be borne by the requester.
* Please note that the Company will not receive requests face-to-face at its facilities.
Documents (forms) that must accompany the request
- In the case of a request by the data subject
In order to make a request, print out the applicable Company-designated request form set forth below, complete it, and send it by mail with your personal authentication documentation (see Note 1) in it.
- Request for disclosure
- Request for correction, etc.
- Request for the notification of the purposes of use
- Request for use suspension
Any request must be accompanied with a copy of any of the documents set forth below so that the Company can confirm that the request has been made by the data subject himself or herself or by his or her duly authorized agent.
A copy of the driver's license, passport, insurance card, pension book, residence certificate, residence card, or other document issued by a public organization that contains the current address.
- Please note that requests not on the Company-designated form will not be accepted.
- If you cannot print out the Company-designated form, please call the representative specified above.
- The personal authentication documentation mailed should be redacted as appropriate with the "registered domicile" and the like blacked out.
In the case of a request by an agent
If the request is made by the data subject's statutory or voluntary agent, the following documents should be included in addition to the document referred to in the preceding paragraph.
If the request is made by a statutory agent
- A document showing his or her power of legal representation (such as a certified transcript of the data subject's family register): One copy
- (A copy of the statutory agent's driver's license, passport, insurance card, pension book, residence certificate, or other document issued by a public organization that contains the agent's current address): One copy
If the request is made by a voluntary agent
- A power of attorney granted by the data subject to the agent: One copy (This must bear the data subject's officially registered seal.)
- The data subject’s officially registered seal certificate: One copy
- Personal authentication documentation for the agent: One copy
(A copy of the voluntary agent's driver's license, passport, insurance card, pension book, residence certificate, or other document issued by a public organization that contains the agent's current address)
- If the request is made by a statutory agent
- In the case of a request by the data subject
The fee for processing a request for the notification of the purposes of use or data disclosure, and how it should be paid
500 yen per request (to cover the expenses for sending a written reply by simple registered mail or the like)
* The fee is required only for requests for the notification of the purposes of use and data disclosure and is not required for other requests, such as correction and use suspension.
- 500-yen worth of postage stamps should be sent together with the request form.
- 500 yen per request (to cover the expenses for sending a written reply by simple registered mail or the like)
- How the Company will respond to a request for the notification of the purposes of use or data disclosure The Company will send a written reply by simple registered mail to the address indicated in the request form. In the case of a request for data disclosure or the like, please give the Company three weeks after receiving all required documents and initiating the disclosure process to send a reply.
Non-disclosure of "retained personal data"
The Company will refuse to disclose its retained personal data in the following cases. In this case, the Company will send a notice of refusal. If the Company refuses to disclose, the prescribed fee will nevertheless be collected.
- The Company cannot confirm that the request has been made by the data subject for some reason, such as the address indicated in the request form or personal authentication documentation being different from the one registered with the Company.
- A request has been made by an agent, but the Company cannot verify his or her power of representation.
- Any of the requested documents submitted is incomplete.
- A request for disclosure or the like has been made but it is not about the Company's "retained personal data."
- Meeting the request may put the data subject or any third party's life, body, property, or other rights at risk.
- Meeting the request may have substantially detrimental effects on the proper conduct of the Company's business.
- Meeting the request would require the Company to violate any other laws or regulations.